Here we go.

18 March 2009

If eating too much pho is wrong, I don't want to be right!

Can you guess what these ingredients are for?

Mmmmhmmm, it's for pho. Ya'll, I have a pho problem. I went to Saigon w Keiko, Rett & Collin LAST NITE, but it didn't stop me from making some for brunch today. ATM isn't the biggest fan of it & is still in D.C. anyway. I had the day off, so I figured today was the day to make it at home. I just REALLY wanted some.

Plate of fixins:

The result:

It was so close to being restaurant-good. I think I need to cut back on the fish sauce, it was a smidgen too salty. I asked KMHD to come over for lunch to test it for me, she recommended the same -- less salt. I didn't add any beef or tofu, but I think I'll use these live mushrooms next time:


Good day off, so far! We're having that kind of weather that affects people so profoundly; it's warm, sunny, springy and fresh. Of course all of the windows are open, I've gone on a little run/walk jaunt, I've swept the porch, and I've done a bit of housework and cooking. I really need to save energy to pick ATM up from the airport AND make homemade 'welcome-home' pizza.

Turns out our father will be here on Saturday. The good news is that it doesn't appear that he'll be staying the night. One day. I can do this. Plus, KMHD and ATM will be there. I really shouldn't be so negative! I'll work on it.

1 comment:

kmhd said...

Yes, you do have a phoblem, but Bob Saget's character would ask: Have you ever _____ _____ for pho?!

We'll survive Dad's visit I am sure. It's good to get the bi-annual quota filled this early anyway.

Blog Archive